Advent Spiral Walk 2015
Date(s) - 12/06/2015
7:45 pm - 9:00 pm
City of Lakes Waldorf School
Advent Garden Spiral Walk for Teens and Adults
Hosted by the Anthroposophical Society and Novalis Institute, with special thanks to City of Lakes Waldorf School.
Plan to give yourself a gift of respite and reflection during the holiday season. We will mark this most special time of year by walking a candlelit spiral garden. It is a time of music and quiet, a time to contemplate our journey.
Anyone of high school age or older is welcome.
Location: City of Lakes Waldorf School, 2344 Nicollet Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55404
- Please be on time; arrive at the school at 7:30-7:45pm.
- Door will be locked at 8:00. Use the front door facing Nicollet Ave.
- Or, come early to The Wedge Table (see below).
Gathering & Dinner to Reflect on Advent
You are also invited to join us for a conversation about the deeper meaning of the Advent season. We will gather for food and conversation in the Community Room of the Wedge Table, just down the street from the City of Lakes Waldorf School; join us whenever you can between 5:30-7:30 before the Adult Advent Spiral Walk. We will explore the progression of the weekly Advent verses used in Waldorf Schools (mineral, plant, animal, human) and discuss why this preparatory season before Christmas and the Winter Solstice was referred to as “a period of deep inner trial” by Sergei Prokofieff in his book The Cycle of the Year as a Path of Initiation. We will refer to this book as well as Chapter 3 of Rudolf Steiner’s How to Know Higher Worlds, but no prior reading is necessary to join the discussion. We also plan to practice singing a few of the songs used at the Advent Spiral.
- Join us whenever you can between 5:30-7:30.
- We will walk together at 7:30 to the City of Lakes Waldorf School for the Adult Advent Spiral Walk.
- Food and Beverages available for purchase from the Wedge Table (no outside food allowed).
- Location: The Wedge Table, 2412 Nicollet Avenue, Minneapolis, MN
- For more information Contact: Becky Streeter becky_minnesota
@yahoo.com or 612-214-4569
- This free event co-sponsored by the Twin Cities Branch of the Anthroposophical Society and Novalis Institute.